Online Banking Security Policy
Protect your Online Banking account information
While First National Bank works to protect your banking privacy, you will also play an important role in protecting your accounts. There are a number steps you can take to ensure that your Online Banking account information is protected:
1. Don't reveal your NetTeller ID or Password to anyone else. Your NetTeller ID and Password are designed to protect your banking information, but they will only work if you keep them to yourself.
2. Change your Online Banking Password frequently.
3. Don't walk away from your computer if you are in the middle of an Online Banking session.
4. After entering your NetTeller ID, verify your personal identification image that you selected before entering your Password. If you see your personal identification image this confirms that you are accessing First National Bank’s website.
5. Once you have finished your Online Banking session, sign off before visiting other Internet sites.
6. If you notice any suspicious or unusual activity related to any of your accounts, contact us immediately at 865-986-3546.
Online Banking is private & secure
First National Bank is committed to making your Online Banking experience safe and secure. We have taken many measures to ensure your privacy, including:
1. Information Encoding
We use the latest encoding technology to ensure that your private information cannot be intercepted. Encryption is a way to rewrite something in code, which can be decoded later with the right "key". When you request information about your accounts, the request is sent encrypted to First National Bank. We decode your request and send the requested information back to you in an encrypted format. When you receive the information, it is decoded so that you can read it.
2. Personally Selected Account Names
First National Bank does not display your account numbers over the Internet. Instead, we ask you to choose a "pseudo" name for each of your accounts.
3. Individual ID & Password Information
In order to access First National Bank's Online Banking, you must enter a unique NetTeller ID and Password.
4. Password Security System
To keep unauthorized individuals from accessing your account by guessing your Password, we have instituted a Password security system. If your Password is entered incorrectly three consecutive times, the user is "locked out" of the system for 24 hours. Your account is not accessible via Online Banking throughout this 24-hour lockout period
5. Automatic Log-Off
If you are logged on to Online Banking but do not perform any activity for 10 minutes, you will not be able to proceed until you "re-log" on to the system.
6. Multi-Factor Authentication
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) is a method of security that monitors your online banking behavior. With this security feature, we will ask you to set up three challenge questions that will be used for verification purposes. When unusual internet banking activity occurs you will be asked to verify your identity by answering two of your challenge questions.
MFA also means you will also be prompted to select a picture (personal identification image) to act as a confirmation that you are at First National Bank's website.
7. Additional Security Measures
In addition to the above safeguards, we have sophisticated firewalls and an authentication process to ensure that only authorized individuals are allowed to enter our system.